Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prologue

EXT. LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - AUGUST, 2003

Worn and sorely in need of an upgrade, the airport belies its glamorous city. Exhausted travelers straggle out automated doors and blink in the smoggy, early morning sunshine.

Camera pans upward, as if escaping the airport’s dreariness, and follows an airbus in take-off.

Camera follows the plane as it crosses behind a street lamp. Camera holds and slowly pans down.

EXT. AIRPORT COURTHOUSE PARKING LOT - CONTINUOUS

A 1993 Nissan Altima parked on black pavement has its passenger door open. A gleaming high-rise courthouse with blue-green glass overlooks the car.

Heat rays shimmer off the pavement, and from the car's CD player we HEAR Stevie Wonder singing "Overjoyed."

Over time, I’ve been building my castle of love
Just for two, though you never knew you were my reason
I’ve gone much too far for you now to say
That I’ve got to throw my castle away

Spinning in a slow circle, a man and woman dance with foreheads pressed together.

WILLIAM, Asian American, dressed in khakis and a linen shirt, holds MEL, Caucasian, dressed in a sleeveless white cotton dress with mid-calf ruffles skirting buckskin cowboy boots.

MEL
I’m so glad you found me.

WILLIAM
I’m so glad you found me.

And though you don’t believe that they do, they do come true
For did my dreams come true when I looked at you
And maybe too if you would believe
You too might be overjoyed, over loved, over me


DIRECTOR (O.S.)
Get casting on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment